Here's some of our favourites:
- Try to get your best picture ever of our spring flowers. There’s nothing like them to mark the end of winter and with our big open spaces in Wiltshire we are blessed. Celebrate with a walk through one of our favourites at West Woods, near Marlborough.
- Use your Easter break to walk somewhere new – we can’t recommend enough the villages and downlands of Marlborough and surrounds. Have you visited Wiltshire flock of stone sheep at Fyfield Down Nature Reserve? You'll be amazed. What about Imber village - your next chance will be Christmas.
- Step out in your springtime shoes – kick off your winter clogs and give your feet a break.
- Make a pledge to walk to work – even just once a week. The evenings are lighter now so why not give it a go?
- Start a parkrun. They are free, 5km and welcome walkers and Nordic walkers with open arms. Our local ones are Swindon, Trowbridge and Chippenham. Always a coffee afterwards.
- Sign up for a Charity walk – we’ve got the Sarcen Trail and the Race to the Stones coming up this summer.
- Set a personal goal – try walking a 5k, 10k, half marathon or marathon. Use walking as an excuse to explore somewhere on your bucket list - we'll be in the Alps.
- Treat yourself to some new gear – waterproof socks are genius.
- Pack up your favourite picnic and enjoy your first al fresco dining of 2016.
- Learn how to Nordic walk to get more health and fitness bang for your buck every time you go out.
If you do one of these things - we'd love to hear about it.
Written by: Lisa on 22 Mar 2016, 17:23 PM